Thursday, May 15, 2014

More answers to your survey questions (Part 3)/アンケートの答えをつづき (Part 3)

Hello once again!



This is the last post to answer your survey questions about me! 


Some questions about books and movies

A student asked me: what's your favorite book?

I think my all-time favorite book is by Henry Miller, called Tropic of Capricorn. In Japanese, that book was called 南回帰線.  It's one of the funniest books I have ever read, and I have loved it even now.

If you want to know more about Henry Miller, click on this link.

One person asked: what is your favorite movie? That's a tough question, because I don't know that I have a favorite movie, because I have so many! So I'll show a clip of a movie I really liked when I was in university called The Unbearable Lightness of Being (in Japanese, 存在の耐えられない軽さ).  
k
It is one of my most favorite movies of all time. Here is the Japanese promotional trailer for the movie:



This movie made me want to travel to eastern Europe - especially the Czech Republic, Poland, and Hungary. On that point, one student asked me: where is the best country you've been to? Well of course, I live in and love being in Japan, and I grew up in Australia, but maybe the best country I have traveled to was Poland.


The food was great, the people were wonderful, and there are so many famous places there. I really liked the Czech Republic too - it was the background to 存在の耐えられない軽さ. 

Finally, a student asked me: how many countries have you been to? Well, I have been to Japan, the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Tahiti, Mexico, Canada, the UK, Germany, Poland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Austria.


Some more questions about me
Finally, here's more about me! One person asked me: where did you enjoy hanami? 

Well, that person was asking about this picture:



This picture was taken in Shakujiikouen, in Nerima-ku in Tokyo. It was next to my wife's parents' house.

Another student asked me: what do you do on weekends? 

To answer that question: I get busy on weekends - walking our dog, cleaning our house, sometimes writing blogposts, and cooking dinner. My wife cooks on the week days when I'm working, so on weekends, I usually try to cook.



That's it! I hope I have answered all of your questions. Take care, and see you in class!

Video uploaded from YouTube. I do not own the rights to the video, or the film in it. It is uploaded strictly for educational purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment