Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Answers to your survey questions/アンケートの答え

Hello!



How are you? As I have promised, I will answer your survey questions.

Questions about me
First, many of you have asked this question: how old are you? Well, I'll tell you. I'm 52 years old.

One or two people asked me: where are you from? Well, I put this on my profile on this blog in both English and Japanese - I'm from the U.S., but grew up in Australia.

One person asked me: do you like turtleneck sweaters? The answer is yes, I do! 

Another person asked me: what's your favorite kanji? Well, that's a hard question, but I guess one kanji I really like is this one:

In English, this is "garden." It's very simple, but I love the design of the kanji. It's like a woman in a beautiful kimono in a nice space!

I also like my wife's kanji too, because it's a beautiful one too: 愛香 (あいか).  In English, this means "beautiful fragrance."

Questions about sports
I got some questions about sports. Here's one:

What's your favorite baseball team? I don't know that I have a favorite baseball team, but one major league team I like is the Detroit Tigers. Detroit, as a city, has had a lot of problems, so when their sports teams play well, I'm very glad. The Tigers were a poor team for a long time, but over the last few years they have gotten much better.


I think for Japanese teams, I really like the Hiroshima Carp and the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles. The Carp weren't very good for a long time, but they also are playing much better now. The Golden Eagles are still a new team, and they beat the Giants for the Japan Series last year! I was so glad!

Another person asked me: what's your favorite basketball team? Well, right now, maybe the Portland Trail Blazers, because they're doing very well in the NBA playoffs right now. They're the closest good team to my home state of Idaho in the U.S., so I'm really happy for them.

A student asked me: do I know world soccer teams? The answer is yes, I do! I know all the English Premier League teams. I also know the big Serie A teams, and the Liga Espanol teams too. Of course, I also know the Bundesliga teams too.

Maybe my favorite English team is Wigan Athletic. They were a small team that went all the way up in English soccer to the Premier League. They won the FA Cup last year of the first time. Here's a video of Wigan Athletic FA Cup victory highlights:



But one question another student asked me was: what's your favorite sport?

For me, that would be ice hockey. This is my favorite sport. It's fast, hard, great scoring, and I love it!



This was a clip of Game 6 of the 2013 Stanley Cup finals - the championship of ice hockey in the U.S. and Canada.

I have many questions to answer! So this is Part 1 of my answers. Look for Part 2 next!

See you then!


All videos uploaded from YouTube. I do not own the rights to these videos. They have been uploaded here strictly for educational use.

No comments:

Post a Comment