Wednesday, May 14, 2014

More answers to your survey questions (Part 2)/アンケートの答えをつづき (Part 2)

Hello again!



How are you? Here is another post on your survey questions.


Questions about Japan
Some students asked me this question: what do you like in Japan?

Well, I think the person is asking about places. There are many places I like! One place I like is Karuizawa, in Nagano. Another place I like is Fukuoka. The bayside of Fukuoka is a lot like two cities in North America I really like - San Francisco and Vancouver.

Another part in Japan I like is the train ride going down the Miura Peninsula (三浦半島). I like the small towns and cities there, like Taura and Zushi, and of course, Kamakura.

Another person asked me: where do you want to go in Japan? 

That's an interesting question. One place I have not been to that I want to go to is Nagasaki. It's a historic place and every time I see it on TV, I see video of their famous street cars, running on the rails in the streets. It's very European and charming. It looks like a very interesting city.


Questions about food
One person asked me: what do you like about Japan? It feels like a Japan question - but to really answer that question, I can say that like many things, but maybe most of all, I love the food here, especially the fish dishes. I love fish, so of course, I love sushi and sashimi!



Another student asked me what my favorite food was, and I can also say it is unagi. I love it! I love the smell, the taste, and the sauce of unagi.

One interesting question I got from a student was: what kind of curry do you like? My answer - spicy  curry! I love Indian and Thai curry. I like Japanese curry too, but Indian and Thai curry are my favorites.

Questions about animals
A student asked me: what is your favorite animal? Well, I love cats!



Last year, My wife and I went to Odawara with some friends. Odawara is a charming city and was fun to walk around in, and this picture above is from a shop window there. We saw this cat in the window! Maybe he was the pet of the shop owner.

We have three cats and one dog at home! Our cats' names are Czerny (ツェルニ), Sesame (セサーミ), and Pepper (ペッパー).  Our dog's name is Freddie (フレディー). Here are their pictures:




I don't want to make this post too long, so I will make one more post for you after this to answer all your questions.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment