Sunday, December 8, 2013

Final writing project: writing about places review/場所・位置を書いてレビュー

Hello to all my students,



This is a review post on writing about places. If your final writing project is writing about places, then I hope seeing these pictures again will help you. 

Look at the picture above. What feelings do you get about the place in the picture? What adjectives (形容詞) do you think of when you see this place

Review activity (for groups writing about places)
You wrote about places in the spring semester. I know you can look at the paragraphs you wrote about, but you can also practice this activity again as a refresher with your group to help you write about places. 

Look at these picturesChoose onewrite a short paragraph of 4-5 sentences about it, and share it with your group members. Here is an example about the picture below - the ancient ruins of Delphi in Greece.


例えば:
The ancient ruins of Delphi have inspired many throughout history, and this is how it inspires me. When I see a site such as this, the past and the present come together, and I feel we are not only seeing history, but living it too. I have never been to Greece, but some day I want to go. When I do, this place will be on my list of things to see. 

You do not have to do any of these, but they might help you to refresh your writing about places. Try one with your group members! 

  




Have fun!


Photo credits (in order): "Gate in Silhouette" (personal image)/"Ancient Ruins In Delphi" (courtesy of thephotoholic)/"Great Wall Of China" (courtesy of cescassawin)/ "Shop" (courtesy of Dino De Luca)/"Sydney Opera House At Night" (courtesy of Susie B)/"New York Times" (courtesy of Antoine Henrich)/"Japanese Street Festival" (personal image)/All pictures except "Gate in Silhouette" and "Japanese Street Festival" from FreeDigitalPhotos.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment