Saturday, October 26, 2013

Our summers (Part 1)

Hello to all my students,


How are you? It's getting colder, but before it gets too cold, I would like to post some of your summer paragraphs you wrote in September. They are nice ways to help us remember what we did this summer. 

While many of you had to work part-time jobs and were busy with them, and some of you weren't able to go anywhere, many of you had some great and interesting times this summer. 

I have edited these as little as I could. I want to keep your voices, your thoughts and feelings as fresh as possible!

Here's one: 


I went to Disneyland with my girlfriend. We rode Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and Space Mountain. But we waited for two and half hours to get on the Space Mountain. It was very tired! But the vehicle is very interesting. We ate a turkey too. It’s a famous food and delicious. We felt we saw a dream, because there is a dream world. I want to go there again!
I worked in a restaurant over the summer. I worked for eight hours on long days. Thanks to the job, I could buy a new sweater.
I borrowed a DVD from Tsutaya and watched a movie in my house. The movie's name is Iron Man. The star is Robert Downey who earned the most money in the world of any star this year. I could understand it with the help of subtitles, and it helped me with my English study. I want to do my best in the second semester.

How about this one? 

I went to Yokohama this summer with my friend from high school. We ate Chinese noodles in the Yokohama Chinatown. They were very spicy, but I like spicy food, so I felt they were very delicious.
I saw the “Red Brick Wall” and some big ships. I entered it. Inside was so cute and fashionable. Many shops had people lined up to get in.
I worked a part – time job too. I was very tired. In my job, I had to make a lot of lunch meals. The lunchtimes were so busy.

Here's another one: 

I went to Nogeyama Zoo by train with a friend who's a year older than me. We saw a lot of animals such as tigers, lesser pandas, koalas, gorilla, and many more. 
My best impression was in touching some guinea pigs. They curled up on my knees. They were very cute.
After we went out there, we went to a place called Cosmo World. We rode on the "Kyuryu Suberi.” It was exciting and fun. That day was a fun and good one of my summer vacation.

Another one! 

I went to Harajuku by train with my four high school friends. We visited many stores and took purikura with my friends.
I think that there are very many cute clothes and shoes in Harajuku, because we saw so much clothing. We also found some anime shops and the Nico Nico head office. "Nico Nico" is a video on the Internet that's popular right now. 
I was surprised to find how crowded Harajuku is. Everywhere was crowded! We ate some pasta too - for me, I had some napolitan style pasta. 
I didn’t work a part-time job this summer vacation, but I worked hard to get a driver’s license. 

Here's one more for now!

I went to Shizuoka by train and bus to an amusement park with my friend Miki. We rode many roller coasters, such as Fujiyama, Dodonpa, Takabisha, Tondemina, and so on. Fujiyama is the most frightening coaster in Japan. When I finished riding it, I cried, but I was so excited at the same time. 
We ate udon for lunch, but it wasn't so delicious. 
We saw Mt. Fuji from our bus. It was so big and beautiful, and we had a nice summer trip. 

I want to publish more of these summer paragraphs, so to all my writing students - keep them coming in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment