Monday, September 16, 2019

Culture through English・Writing English・Freshman English Reading B: My summer

Hello! 



How are you? Welcome back to classes for our new semester! 

How was your summer? Did you do anything fun, interesting, or exciting? I'll tell you about my summer! 

I had a friend of mine from the U.S. come to visit me here for two weeks. It was his first time in Japan and he was excited to see and do things. He loves Japanese food and wanted to do two special things - first, ride the Mario Kart in Tokyo, and second, go hiking along the Kumano Kodou in Wakayama prefecture. 

The picture at the top is of the Hongu Taisha - one of the three great shrines that make the Kumano Kodou a World Heritage site (世界自然遺産). So we went!

First, here he is in the Mario Kart:



Here's me in my kart:



Here is the group we were a part of, riding past Tokyo Tower. (I'm all the way near the end!) This was a lot of fun!


Now here was our trip along the Kumano Kodou. We took so many pictures - here are just a few of the places along the way:









These are a lot of pictures - more than I usually upload on these blogposts! 

So how was your summer? Let's talk about our summers with each other!

I'm glad to see all of you again. See you next time!

Images: Personal photographs. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment