Monday, November 5, 2018

Culture through English 2B: Fall semester mid-term presentations・後期中間 プレゼンテーション

Hello!



How are you? Here is the topic, deadline, and guidelines for our fall semester mid-term presentations (後期中間 プレゼンテーション).

While I have given all of you the handout about this assignment, I am posting about it here also as another way to help remind all of you about what you can do.

Topic
In this topic, research about an educational system in another country.

You can choose any country. While I showed you the videos on the blogpost about education in Finland, India, and South Korea, these are only examples. You should find other videos and readings on educational systems in other countries. Please do not do the educational systems of any of these countries! 

You can choose any level of education to bring more focus to your presentation – elementary, junior high school and high school, or university.

Deadline (締め切り)
Our presentation day will be on December 5th (12/5), so you have three (3) weeks to prepare them.

Important note:

I know I had said that we would do these presentations on November 28th (11/28). But I overlooked the special event that all students would do on that day - there will be no classes. So - let's do these on 12/5 instead! My apologies for my mistake on the dates. 

Guidelines
You have a choice between doing a poster presentation or Power Point show. I will remind you all about guidelines for posters and Power Point shows.

Remember the notes I showed you in class today about your sources of information. Please do not use Wikipedia (either in Japanese or English). 


Special note:

One new thing about these presentations is that you will also develop an outline (あらすじ), which I showed you some points on. You will use this to speak from - not scripted notes.

Good luck! I look forward to our presentation day!

See you next time!


Image: By Gunnar Creutz, Falbygdens museum - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=28211895

No comments:

Post a Comment