Tuesday, January 12, 2016

後学期の期末作文/2nd semester final writing assignment

Hello and Happy New Year!


How are you? I hope you had a great New Year's break! In this blogpost, I'll tell you about our final writing assignment for the fall semester (後学期).

Project
You have two (2) choices about your final writing project. Choose one (1) of them:


1. Write about a real unique, interesting, or special experience (経験) that happened to you

In the 6th writing assignment (作文6), you wrote about imaginary (想像上の) unique, interesting, or special experiences. In this topic, write about a unique, interesting, or special experience you really had, like a school trip or a holiday. It can be about any time of your life - it could be when you were a child, or it could be from when you were in high school - or even something that happened to you this year. 


I am gathering writing on this topic into a book called Places and Traces.  

2. Write about a unique, interesting, or special song, album, movie, or TV show

In this topic, write about a unique, interesting, or special song, album, movie, or TV show. It can be about any kind of music, movie or TV program. Write about something that means a lot to you. 


For music, I am gathering writing on this topic into a book called Words on Music, and for movies and TV shows, I am thinking of a new book to gather them into - one I don't have a title for yet! 

How much to write
How much do you write? I would like you to write as much as you can, because your work may be published (出版した) on both this blog and in the books I talked about in class. 

I would like to see 3-4 paragraphs - and I would like to see you try to write the most that you can. Try to make your paragraphs longer - make each paragraph as long as you can. I will also look for topic sentences and concluding sentences too!

Deadline (締め切り)
Next week (1/20). Today, you can get to work on it in class, and keep working on it outside of class. 

Print it out and hand it in. I will look at it. After I have looked at it, I may ask you to send it to me as a file attachment (添付ファイル) to an email. 

IMPORTANT NOTE

I want your file correctly formatted! Please see the handout I gave you about formatting your writing. Please check about formatting your Word file here. 

Good luck with this! I hope you can have fun with this, and enjoy writing!




Images: "Iron bars, Shakujiikouen" (personal image)/Musician: "On The Stage" (courtesy of George Stojkovic)/FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment