Tuesday, July 21, 2015

特別ポスト: The Small Book of Big People

Hello!



How are you? This is a special post to display some great examples of your writing. It's part of a project called The Small Book of Big People - a collection of writing about people who are interesting, moving, inspiring, and in other ways special.

First, many of your wrote about this picture, and the people in it. It moved many of you.



Here are some examples of what your wrote about it: 

There are a man and four children. They don’t smile. They look sad and poor. They try to make some apple. I think they want to escape poverty because they wear ragged and dirty clothes. In addition, I think they look unhealthy.

We can look at a building behind them. It’s probably their house. It is made of some wood and bamboo. It looks massive building. But, I think it isn’t new. I wish they can improve their standard of living and have a twinkle in their eyes. And I want to do something they are happy through a volunteer in the future.

And now, I’m thinking what to do something to help them. I have some idea. For example, I try to raise money. If they get many money, they can buy foods, clothes, houses and medicines. So, they will live better than now. The most important thing than anything is to continue helping activities.

Here's another one:

Marquis who is holding his child, and Tyrone, who is wearing blue clothes, are staring at a cameraman. Because their country doesn’t have machines like cameras. They are thinking about what he is doing. Tyron’s brother Deshawn and Jalen posing and saying hello to the cameraman.

Marquis is a strict father, but he really loves his children. Tyrone often cries because he is bullied other brother. Deshawn likes running and he is the fastest in his class, yet Jalen doesn’t like running. But he is a genius. He always reading books and teaching study to his friends.

Jalen hopes peace. They suffered from lack of food and they are forced to work hard though they are young. So he is studying hard though they are young. So he is studying hard. His dream is to be a doctor and cure illness of his friends and his country’s people.  

書きを続き、ここ下にクリックしてください:
Aren't these great? Here's more!

One child lives bad place with his family. The child’s name is Ney. He wears red shirt and gray short pants, but he doesn’t wear shoes. Because, his family is poor. And other families are also poor to live this land. Ney looks like 5 years old. Though, I think that he is sad. Because, the fence’s opposite places are buried many land mine. So, he is standing in the front of fence. He can’t go out of fence.

This land is bad. Because, it is affected by war. Many people are sad such as Ney. Children can’t enjoy to play outside in safety. But, Ney posed for a picture, when he was taken a picture. I think that he looks like little smile. He must hope that land mine will be removed early. His smile is the slightest hope. I wish that his face will change to smile from sad forever.

Great! Here's another:

I can’t forget the family whose name is Sakon when I visited last year. I went to Thailand to backpacking. I didn’t have much money. So I didn’t choose the hotel. When I found some hotel, one family talked to me and I was invited their home. The family name is Sakon. Then I was bubbling with exception.

I reached Sakon’s house, I was surprised. The house looks is shabby and I felt that this family is poor. But the Sakon family is very kind to me. They lent me a room and made some hot delicious dishes. We talked a lot and playing with children. My heart would be warming and I learned from them for the mind of hospitality.

Another one - a different feeling from the others, but a great one:

Tom is a boy lives in one island in Southern Pacific. He lives with his parents and brothers. He is a kind of naughty boy and always wearing a red-colored T-shirt because he likes it very much. The island is a temperate region, so that they can dress lightly all the time. There are many interesting places that can see activities of organisms. To walk around woods taking his friends is very exciting time for him.

The island has a very precious environment of every aspects of biodiversity. Many kinds of livings can see their best place where they should be. These things are very amazing subjects for Tom. He usually goes out into the woods and observes many kind of living things. He is always impressed by the changing behavior of insects. The nature of the island would continue to keep thousands of kinds of creatures.

Some great writing! Some of you also wrote about other people. Here is some more: 

I know a lot of great people. I introduce one of them for you. His name is Jack. He is very tall and slender. His face looks like round, eye brow is strong, eye is thin, and hair is bald around front. He wears glasses of black edge and white T-shirt. I think probably his age is about forty years old.

Besides he is a good person. His hobby is picking up rubbish and blood donation. That’s not all. He likes taking care of children. He not only plays together but also scolds them when they do bad things. He is the best man of character whom I know. 

Another one:

I introduced special person who I have met in my life. That person is my grandfather. My grandfather’s smile is cute like teddy bear and he is called “Teddy“. But his real name is “Antony.” He lives in America near beautiful river. We visit grandfather’s house every summer vacation and go hiking. My grandfather is kind, so everyone like him. He is cooking very well and his dish is delicious. My most like his dish is curry. My family calls that curry, “special curry.”

One summer vacation, we visited my grandfather’s house as usual. He welcomed us with teddy bear smile. When I looked smile, I cling to him. I feel that smell “special curry”!!  That night, we ate that curry and talked a lot. For example my school life, his daily life and about cooking. Next day we go hiking. That day is very hot summer day. In the hiking we caught many insect, watched beautiful mountain and summit. But I especially enjoyed things is help grandfather to cook today’s lunch box. I was taught many way to cooking. After come back my house, I still remember cook way and try cooking!! That’s why, I love him very much.  

How about this one? 

There is a man seem to a professor, standing in a garden. He is around 50 years old, wearing a white shirt and glasses. Besides, he looks happy because he is wearing a smile on his face.

When I see this man, I think that he is probably a biologist. The reason why I think it is because firstly, it seems like he is a modest, knowledgeable and respectable person. In addition, in the picture, he looks living in harmony with nature. As a result, this is the reason why I think he is probably a knowledgeable biologist.

Or this one? 


John has white hair. He wears black frame eyeglasses, and white T-shirt. He is 80 years old now. He has lived in Japan since he was 60. He is from Australia. He has Japanese wife. She often talked about Japan, Japanese culture, Japanese life. Before he knew it, he wanted to live in Japan. 20 years ago, he came to Japan with his wife.

Now, he lives in a small town near the sea. His wife died 10 years ago, but her grave is in this town. So, he lived in this town the whole time. The town’s sea is very beautiful. John and his wife liked it like there, their date spot was always there. John and his wife loved the sea.

Or maybe this one? 


The man lives deep in the jungle. His name is Richard. He is very strong and capable, so he hunts ferocious animals such as crocodile, bear and tiger to make a living everyday. He wears many accessories also made from various animals. Whenever he goes somewhere, he rides the biggest lion.

However, he has a weak point. That is an insect. He can see and touch an animal is no problem. There are many insect in the jungle, but he can't touch an insect; on the country, he can't see an insect. Because when he was a child, a bad insect who have poison stung his leg. Then, he haven't touched and seen insect, so he will never like insect.

Some really great writing from you! I'm very happy and proud to post it here. 

Have a great summer!  I'll look forward to seeing you all again in September. 

See you then!
Images: Top - "Smiling Girl With The Milk Glass" (courtesy of imagerymajestic)/FreeDigitalPhotos.net/Refugees - By Mikhail Esteves from Bangalore, India (Mae La Refugee Camp) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

2 comments:

  1. These were fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this writing and am very proud of it! Thank you for your hard work this year. Great job!

    ReplyDelete