Tuesday, April 21, 2015

アンケートの答え/answers to your survey questions

Hello!



How are you? Today, I will answer some of your questions about me on your surveys.

When did I come to Japan? 
Many of you asked me when I came to Japan. Well, I first came here in 1981 in the U.S. Navy. Yes! I was in the navy (海軍)! I joined the navy when I finished high school in 1980. I was in the Navy for five (5) years, and I spent two (2) years here - in Yokosuka, from 1981 to 1983. (Maybe your parents were in high school, junior high school, or maybe even in elementary school, when I was here then!)

I liked it here, and I said if I had a chance to come back here I would. So in 1997, I had a chance to come back here. I have now lived here for 18 years! 

Am I married? 
Many of you asked if I was married. Yes I am! I've been married now for 11 years to a great and wonderful woman. Some of you also asked what her name is. Well, her name is Aika (愛香). I would like to show you her picture - but she doesn't like me to post her pictures on my blog. (I'll show you her picture in class sometime!)

Can I speak Japanese? 
ん・・・まだへた思う、日常会話大丈夫ですけど・・・簡単な話題、いろいろなことできる、でも困難なことが難しい。簡単メール、Facebookメッセージするできるでもエッセイのことできないですね。「例えば:このブログのAbout me「私について」下のプロフィールの書き、いつか文書、節を書いて助けを借りなければならかった!」それで、日本語の書き、作文をまだ習う・・・m(_ _)m

下に読み続いて:

Do I have children? 
Some of you also asked me this. No, I don't have children. But I do have one dog and three cats - and some of you also asked me if I have pets. So yes, I do - and they're like my babies! Here they are:



This is my dog. His name is Freddie. Now here are my cats:



The one at the top is Pepper. The gray one in the middle is Sesame, his sister, and the one at the bottom is Czerny (ツェルニー). "Czerny," in the Polish and Czech languages, is the color black. (「ツェルニー」はポーランド語とチェコ語に「黒」。) If any of you have studied piano, you will know that Czerny was also the name of the piano teacher who made the Czerny piano lesson exercises for studying and practicing piano music. He was from Austria, but he had a Czech family name, because Czerny is also a family name. If you want to know about Czerny the piano teacher, click on this link here.

Who are my favorite singers? 
Some of you also asked if I have any favorite singers. Well, I do - though maybe they're not of your time! But maybe you might know this one - Stevie Wonder. Here is a video of him, when he was younger, in the 1970s, with one of his greatest songs - "Superstition":



I also really like this singer, who died almost four years ago - Amy Winehouse:



She was a great talent who died too young. 

But I love this next singer. Maybe you have never heard of her - especially because she died in 1997, the year some of you were born. But I hope you check her out and hear her - Laura Nyro. Here is one of her songs. Listen to it and tell me what you think:



I also like jazz and rock. As far as rock goes, I like hard rock - do any of you know this band? They're not so big in Japan, but are very big in North America, Europe, and South America, especially Brazil -  a great Canadian band, Rush:  


I have many more things to say, but for now I will stop. 

See you!


Images: personal photos. All rights reserved. 
All videos uploaded from YouTube. I do not own the rights to these videos. All rights reserved to the copyright holders. Uploaded for educational purposes only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment