Friday, February 6, 2015

Words on Music (Part 1): your writing

Hello to all of you!



How are you? I know the university is finished until April, but I wanted to upload some more of your great writing on the music I played for you in class. 

First, here are the selections of music I played for you. Here is The Bad Plus, with "Big Eater":


Next, is Weather Report with "Teen Town":


After that, we have Jeff Beck's "The Final Peace": 


Finally, here is Jason Moran and "Gentle Shifts South":


After the page break, let's read your great writing about these different pieces of music! Can you guess which writing is about which music? Take your guess!

I’m in the place where I don’t know. Where is here? Everybody is working, walking and talking very busily. There are many kind of people─white, black, yellow. I see around, there are many building where people work. Many people are going into and going out of there. I think they are not human. Although their look is human, in fact they are robots. Maybe a human is only me. However, why am I in here? Where and how did I come here?

A man said me “Hi, what’s up. I have not seen you for a long time. I’m glad see you again. Everyone wait you. Come on soon!” Who is he? I don’t know him. However, he seems to know me. I went with him. In front of us, there is a huge modern building. Everyone see me looks happy and is excited. “Ah…hi.” said I. Everyone cheered. “I would like to see you!” “How are you? Oh, it likes dream!” “Did you become younger?”

So, I seemed to make this world. And I seemed to come to the future. Science is being developed. I had become a scientist. Later, I made the robots which have heart of human. However, where am I of this age? “You are going to the future now.” Do you understand?

Very interesting! Now let's read this one: 

The boy and his family wanted to go delicious food restaurants. But they didn’t know place. And they were stranger there and travel all over the world. They asked old man to teach restaurants. They gave him restaurants rote. They were happy! But they couldn’t understand his map. They were confused. The boy was crying because he was hungry.

After three hours, his father found it! The boy ran toward it!! They entered and felt cold because there was dark and crazy. They were crying. When they noticed, a strange girl stood their back. They couldn’t move and call out because very scary. But she always kept on smiling. They were more and more comfortable. Family and girl became friends and talk to many kinds. They knew he was good at cook and this restaurant’s owner. Her cooking was very delicious and beautiful! They were impression. And all food was free cost. They were amazing, happy and exciting!!

After went back home, his mother tried her cooking. But she couldn’t cook same thing. They went to restaurant more time, but there was nothing. Who was her? How old was she? All things were strange.

Great! Now how about this one? 

A woman dived into the sea, she enjoyed watching many fish and diving deeply. Then she found a castle in the sea which was so big and beautiful white building. So, she took some photos. And she swam around the castle, she found the entrance and it could open. She timidly went into the castle. Inside of the castle was so spacious and gorgeous. When she looked around, she heard someone talking one room on upstairs. So, she went there and opened the door.

Unbelievable! Some people are living there. She was surprised, but she was not afraid of them. She talked with them because she thought that she wanted to try to communicate with them. They were so friendly and so kind, she got good terms on them. She took a photo with them as memories of this encounter.

She went back to the ground. She talked her friends the happening and showed the photos, but the photos were white. They were not caught on photos, but the castle caught on photo. Maybe they are ghosts or creatures from outer space.

Ghosts? Creatures? What could they be? Maybe no-one knows. But let's read another one! 

It was very sunny day. One fisherman went fishing by using the red big ship. Other fishermen who are his friends hit many fish. But he couldn’t hit any fish. So he was waiting fish hit on the red ship. When he was waiting, he felt into sleep. And when he got up, he noticed strange thing. There were many black shadows in the sea. Surprising to him, it was sharks. He was really surprised and scary. They attacked him and some of them tried to eat him.

Some people who were living in the town near the sea ware holding BBQ party. They were enjoying themselves. When they tried to take pictures of the sea, they noticed his shouting voice. They went to the sea quickly to help him. They shot sharks. So sharks were killed. And finally he was saved. He didn’t die. He was very lucky man.

He was a lucky man! Now here's one more!

One good morning, My cat and I were walking around the town which was very noisy. There are many shops, and people were talking. We were wearing matching dresses and bought vegetables. A clerk gave us a carrot for free. I was kept it in my bag and began to walk again.

Then, we heard little sound and it seemed the piano. We turned left at next corner and there was an old building. I could read the signboard and it was written "Fantastic Forest."We went into the shop and there were many animal dolls. I was very surprised because their looks were reality. Their eye mouth, ear and fur were completed. So, I touched a rabbit doll, I saw it very flashed. 

I opened my eyes, we were in the forest. I was very surprised, but I felt excited by enjoyable music as soon as. We advanced deep into the forest, there were many animals and a party was held. They noticed us and a rabbit ran up to us. They invited to us for the party. Then, we were singing, eating, playing games and talking. They were residents in another world and wanted to be friend with us. So, we made friends with them and I presented a carrot for him. We promised that we meet again.

Then, we were in my town when we realized. The town was same as always. It was noisy, but we seemed to come to new town and start an adventure.

That's great! Now let's see one more!

One day, a bear walked to eat honey in the forest. The bear’s mother said, “The forest is dangerous, there are big monster in the forest. Be careful. Please you come home early.” But the bear forgot it…

The bear ate a lot of honey. It was night when the bear noticed. The bear intended to return early. Then a big shadow stood in the way in front. The bear thought that it’s a big monster. He scared and ran away. However, the shadow runs after a bear. While the bear ran, he has been lost. At too soon, the shadow disappeared. The bear felt relieved. But the bear has been lost.

When at a loss, his mother appeared in front. He was pleased that he cried. That shadow was his mother’s shadow. However, a big shadow appeared in front of two bears then again. It was a really big monster. They scared and ran away!!

Well, even bears can get scared! 

I have some more of your great writing in Part 2, coming up next.  

Check it out! 


Image: "Futaba bar window" (personal image). All rights reserved.
Videos uploaded from YouTube. Uploaded for educational purposes. No copyright infringement intended. All rights reserved to the copyright owner(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment