Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Words on Music (Part 2):Ronny Jordan - "After Hours"

Hello to all my students,



How are you? As promised, here's Part 2 of our collection Words on Music. Here you will see some selections of what you wrote about the second piece of music you heard in class - Ronny Jordan's "After Hours." Here is the video for it:


Video uploaded from YouTube. I do not own the rights to this video. No copyright infringement intended. 
It is uploaded strictly for classroom use.

Like before, I have edited these as little as possible. Check these out!


This piece of music is a dumped-man story. Someone is drinking wine in the dark room of the top floor of the high-quality apartment. He has been unlucky in love that day. He is idly looking out of the window. He sinks down.

This music's strong image is a holiday morning. I woke up in bright natural light, and I thinking I hope today is a good day too! I will cook a breakfast, and I will be getting ready. When I am ready, I will eat breakfast. After, I go out with my friends! I will go shopping, lunch, and play the karaoke! I am looking for this time.

I feel nostalgia. When I close my eyes, I imagine urban, mystic night, moon, modern and so on. I cannot explain well, this is good anyway. For example, you listen it as you walk in a urban night. If the moon is in a night sky, it is better.


I imagine a dog running. In holiday, the dog runs away and finds the town where he has not visited yet. The town makes him happy and surprised because he had no idea about human except his master. There are lots of living, love, dream, hope and freedom. 


This has a negative image. The boy was very fat. When he was walking, he stuck in a hole. He was fat so he didn’t get out of a hole. He was writhing in pain.  Many people assisted him but he did not get out. He reflected on what he had done for the day. He decided that go on a diet.


A season is summer. The sky in the west was aglow with the setting sun. I go to beach and see the setting sun. It’s so beautiful. But it will cease to this place, after soon, Moon will exist this place. People will return home by that time. So this beach will become lonely place.


In cafeteria, a lot of people are talking each people. One of the group look like interest talking. Their talked about new movie. But, this cafeteria does not play music. Talk sound heard like this music, because everyone looks like fun. This cafeteria is very big. The roof is very high. Desks and chairs are colorful. For example, yellow, green, pink, orange, purple, blue, white, red etc. Has a lot of light. Lights form is separate.

I imagine a man who is traveling without an object. He traveled some countries and walking a desert a few days. After he got away from a desert, he arrived at the town and found a bar. This bar is so old and there are few people. This music was played in this bar. I felt mysterious from this music, but it maybe agreeable for him.


There is the one bar. Many kinds of guests go that bar every night. This bar has many stories. For example two guests named, five people who play the instruments start the band. That bar gives many guests the opportunities of their life. Tonight, many guests will gather in that bar.

Some very interesting feelings on these! All different, and all unique. 

To check out Part 1 of Words on Music, click on this link here.

More to come in the next post - Part 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment